IDE/Refactoring Browser

Stuart

10/23/2003 5:13:00 PM

Is there a good IDE for Ruby rather than the command line interface that's
supplied? I'm used to Smalltalk and wonder if there's a Refactoring Browser
available NOW (not the Sourceforge project I've seen without files!)

Regards,

Stuart

5 Answers

Christian Szegedy

Stuart wrote:
> Is there a good IDE for Ruby rather than the command line interface that's
> supplied? I'm used to Smalltalk and wonder if there's a Refactoring Browser
> available NOW (not the Sourceforge project I've seen without files!)

I think that a really usable refactorization browser for Ruby
would be technically unfeasable. I see several problems
(or rather features) which make its implementation
prohibitively involved:

1) The relative complexity and fluidity of the Ruby syntax.

2) The extremely flexible and dynamic nature of the Ruby
language. (Especially "eval").

This means, that with reasonable effort, it is hopeless to
write a refactorization browser which could cope with more
than an extremely limited fraction of the existing Ruby
code-base.

I may be wrong, but this is my impression. In fact, the lack of
such browser seems to underpin this conjecture.

gabriele renzi

il Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:18:59 +0200, Christian Szegedy
<szegedy@t-online.de> ha scritto::

>I think that a really usable refactorization browser for Ruby
>would be technically unfeasable.
<snip>

just my 2c:
Remember that the first refactoring browser was built for smalltalk (I
think) that is really similar to ruby.
I think it was easyier caus ST is image based but.. well, we can try
:)
OTOH there is a project (bycicle repairman) to build a refactoring
tool for python, and it shows that something can be done..

Oh, and obviously there is a freeride related project, look at the
mailing list archives ;)

Roger

In one age, called the Second Age by some,
(an Age yet to come, an Age long past)
someone claiming to be Zulu wrote
in message <4980a245$1@news.x-privat.org>:

>Roger escribi?:

>>> And, Does it change something in the ventilation system?

>> Then ventilation system as described by witnesses in a position to
>> know was sufficient to the task.

>LOL, should eyewitnesses proved to be LIARS be considered more credible than
>documents and material proofs?

Which eyewitnesses are you referring to?

>That is all about it for that "gas chambers" HOAX, only tales sustains it.

No, *complete* documents do, as will.

>The Leichenkeller 1 at Krema II is almost INTACT to be analyzed, idiot.
>Why is not that elementary job already made by those so called "serious scholars"?

Why do you lie that it has not been?

Zulu

RJ11 escribi?:
> In article <4980a245$1@news.x-privat.org>,
> Zulu <zuzu@pourZohrac?pamoi.com> wrote:
>
>> The Leichenkeller 1 at Krema II is almost INTACT to be analyzed, idiot.
>
> Is it, snivel?
>
> http://www.scrapbookpages.com/auschwitzscrapbook/2005Photos/Rui...
> http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/auschwitz/images/1998/Keren/inside-cha...

Sure, a minimum of work has to be done but I assume that the points mentioned
previously can be cleared. The walls are almost intacts

I repeat and sign

1- the actual ventilation system

2- the traces on the floor of the embedding of the alleged "wire mesh introduction
columns". (Van Pelt forgot it on his job about "holes", really amazing)

3- the size of the entrance door. Is it really that ludicrous "1 meter width" door
assumed by Pressac?

Zulu

Roger escribi?:
> In one age, called the Second Age by some,
> (an Age yet to come, an Age long past)
> someone claiming to be Zulu wrote
> in message <4980a245$1@news.x-privat.org>:
>
>> Roger escribi?:

>>> Then ventilation system as described by witnesses in a position to
>>> know was sufficient to the task.
>
>> LOL, should eyewitnesses proved to be LIARS be considered more credible than
>> documents and material proofs?
>
> Which eyewitnesses are you referring to?

Vrba first, than all so-called sonderkommandos who assumed that the operations had
been performed under "SECRECY".

MOre the ones of whom the testimony were posted here by McVay and I debunked like
Pery Broad or MIKLOS NYISZLI...

If you have more, so put it.

>> That is all about it for that "gas chambers" HOAX, only tales sustains it.
>
> No, *complete* documents do, as will.

WOW, which ones?

>> The Leichenkeller 1 at Krema II is almost INTACT to be analyzed, idiot.
>> Why is not that elementary job already made by those so called "serious scholars"?
>
> Why do you lie that it has not been?

About the points I mentioned?

Please give here the results about