jpeg size

jolsen

10/22/2003 6:25:00 PM

For web use (mod_ruby), I need a ruby script which can read gif
and jpeg images and give me their pixel size (x,y).

No other image processing needed.

Is there a recomended ruby module that can do this?

Cheers
Jesper
3 Answers

Lyle Johnson

Jesper Olsen wrote:

> For web use (mod_ruby), I need a ruby script which can read gif
> and jpeg images and give me their pixel size (x,y).
>
> No other image processing needed.
>
> Is there a recomended ruby module that can do this?

You might see if Tim Hunter's ImageMagick extension (called rmagick) is
appropriate:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?na...

FXRuby could certainly do this for you, but that would be extreme overkill.

sabbyxtabby

jolsen@mail2world.com (Jesper Olsen) wrote:

> For web use (mod_ruby), I need a ruby script which can read gif
> and jpeg images and give me their pixel size (x,y).
>
> No other image processing needed.
>
> Is there a recomended ruby module that can do this?

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=...

jolsen

sabbyxtabby@yahoo.com (Sabby and Tabby) wrote in message news:<f5a79bf2.0310222246.76790fa5@posting.google.com>...
> jolsen@mail2world.com (Jesper Olsen) wrote:
>
> > For web use (mod_ruby), I need a ruby script which can read gif
> > and jpeg images and give me their pixel size (x,y).
> >
> > No other image processing needed.
> >
> > Is there a recomended ruby module that can do this?
>
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=...

Thanks - I will give that one a go.

Jesper