Self compiled ruby (cygwin) + ruby-dbi + mysql...stuck.

Michael Campbell

10/22/2003 4:07:00 AM

I'm trying to get a self-compiled ruby under cygwin to work with the
binary Windows distribution of mysql; either via ruby-mysql or dbi/dbd.

I don't read Japanese unfortunately, and my skills on Windows is
somewhat lacking.

Has anyone who's got this combination working give me some pointers on
what exactly I need to download and install, and how to do it? If that
requires I use a different pre-compiled ruby, that's fine too, but I'd
like to stick with 1.8.x or later.

Thanks.

2 Answers

Dalibor Sramek

Quoting Michael campbell <michael_s_campbell@yahoo.com>:
> I'm trying to get a self-compiled ruby under cygwin to work with the
> binary Windows distribution of mysql; either via ruby-mysql or dbi/dbd.

One more question: Is there a binary distribution of the mysql client library
compatible with PragProg Windows installer? (Or at least would anybody send me
the compiled file?)

Thanks

Dalibor

--
Dalibor Sramek http://www.insu... | In the eyes of cats,
dalibor.sramek@insula.cz | all things belong to cats.

Javier Fontan

Hello,

I've found ruby-mysql (http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=...), its 100% ruby so I think it will be easier to use it from windows (you do not have to compile anything). I have only tried it in linux and works fine. It should be easy to make it work with ruby-dbi as seems to have the same API as mysql-ruby (the one you have to compile).