Re: RDoc and i18n

Austin Ziegler

10/21/2003 6:09:00 PM

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:27:41 +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:
> On Sunday, Oct 19, 2003, at 00:36 US/Central, KUBO Takehiro wrote:
> Did we get it wrong? It would be wonderful if we could support multiple
> languages, encodings, and character sets in the same comment blocks.

Is there a way that we can do external file support in rdoc? I was looking
at rdoc's mechanisms (and then got sidetracked on other stuff) to support an
external documentation mechanism. It would look something like:

# :external: <foo.rdoc>
# :external-de: <foo.de.rdoc>

Then in an external file, you might do:

# :class: Foo
# documentation for class Foo.
# :method: Foo.bar
# documentation for class method Foo.bar
# :method: Foo#bar
# documentation for instance method Foo#bar.

-austin
--
austin ziegler * austin@halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
* 14.05.30