Re: Formal Language Semantics

Christopher C.Aycock

10/21/2003 2:23:00 PM

Hello Matz,

Thanks for your response; at least I can stop looking now. :)

Anyway, the reason I wanted the semantics is that I'm creating a
"Parallel Ruby" as part of my dissertation. The goal is to be like High
Performance Fortran, only with a much better base language and much
cleaner extensions. I was just hoping to find all the information I can
about the design of the Ruby system.

Thank you,
Chris

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 12:17 PM, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Formal Language Semantics"
> on 03/10/21, Christopher C.Aycock
> <christopher.aycock@christ-church.oxford.ac.uk> writes:
>
> |Does anyone know where I can get the formal language semantics for
> Ruby
> |(assuming such a thing exists)?
>
> Unfortunately no. I am too casual person to be formal.
>
> matz.

2 Answers

Mauricio Fernández

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 11:23:22PM +0900, Christopher C. Aycock wrote:
> Hello Matz,
>
> Thanks for your response; at least I can stop looking now. :)
>
> Anyway, the reason I wanted the semantics is that I'm creating a
> "Parallel Ruby" as part of my dissertation. The goal is to be like High

Any possibility we might be able to see that someday?
This sounds very interesting.

--
_ _
| |__ __ _| |_ ___ _ __ ___ __ _ _ __
Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com

<dark> Turns out that grep returns error code 1 when there are no matches.
I KNEW that. Why did it take me half an hour?
-- Seen on #Debian

ptkwt

In article <6BBA6A24-03D2-11D8-8BBD-0003936520E6@chch.ox.ac.uk>,
Christopher C.Aycock <christopher.aycock@christ-church.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:
>Hello Matz,
>
>Thanks for your response; at least I can stop looking now. :)
>
>Anyway, the reason I wanted the semantics is that I'm creating a
>"Parallel Ruby" as part of my dissertation. The goal is to be like High
>Performance Fortran, only with a much better base language and much
>cleaner extensions.

Interesting, can you tell us more?

Phil