Phan Trí Hùng

11/29/2005 3:43:00 AM

Hi!

I'm in a situation that I have to show a lookup form which accompanying
sales orders of some companies in different tabs. I supposed I should create
a SalesTable datasource at design time, later I will fill data to each grid
and filter on those grids base on DataAreaId field. I tried this solution,
but I failed (I couldn't fill data to the grid at run time). Every tabs and
grid are created at run time also.

Am I right with that solution? If you had passed this problem please give me
an advice.

Thanks
2 Answers

Allan Wallis

I think you are overcomplicating the problem

Inn your lookup form you can declare multiple datasources all based on
salestable, one for each company.

In the datasource parameters you specify which company it belongs to.

On your form have multiple grids, possibly on different tabs, specify the
datasource for each grid.

On each datsource you may need to add an init method and an execute query
method to control what data appears in each grid.

Hope this helps

"Phan Trí Hùng" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm in a situation that I have to show a lookup form which accompanying
> sales orders of some companies in different tabs. I supposed I should create
> a SalesTable datasource at design time, later I will fill data to each grid
> and filter on those grids base on DataAreaId field. I tried this solution,
> but I failed (I couldn't fill data to the grid at run time). Every tabs and
> grid are created at run time also.
>
> Am I right with that solution? If you had passed this problem please give me
> an advice.
>
> Thanks

Phan Trí Hùng

Thanks for your reply, Allan Wallis!

You are right, I shouldn't complicate the problem. The way you adviced is an
acceptable solution.
You know, my PM said: "If you (me) were programming in .NET and if you did
'dirty' programming like this (He also adviced as you, he named it 'dirty
programming'), I (PM!) would fired you (me!). But it's AXAPTA!, so it need to
be this way!"

Thanks any way.