microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Moving from USR->VAR layer - Any way to keep/transfer developer in

Søren Graversen

11/27/2005 2:00:00 PM

Hi.

I need to move many objects from USR to VARlayer of a new Axaptainstallation
- and I want to keep/transfer the createdBy, creationDate, createdTime,
Changedby, ChangedDate & ChangedTime information.

I have tried with the get/setproperties method on the treenode object - but
it seems that there is no access to these properties.

I have also tried with the utilElements like this:

ttsbegin;
utilelements.overwriteSystemFields(true);
select forupdate utilelements where utilelements == bla bla bla
utilelements.(FieldNum(utilElements, createdBy)) = 'SSS';
utilElement.doUpdate();
ttscommit;

Any suggestions???

Best Regards
Søren Graversen
3 Answers

Marcin Krzyzanowski

Søren Graversen napisaÅ?(a):
> Hi.
>
> I need to move many objects from USR to VARlayer of a new Axaptainstallation
> - and I want to keep/transfer the createdBy, creationDate, createdTime,
> Changedby, ChangedDate & ChangedTime information.
>
> I have tried with the get/setproperties method on the treenode object - but
> it seems that there is no access to these properties.
>
> I have also tried with the utilElements like this:
>
> ttsbegin;
> utilelements.overwriteSystemFields(true);
> select forupdate utilelements where utilelements == bla bla bla
> utilelements.(FieldNum(utilElements, createdBy)) = 'SSS';
> utilElement.doUpdate();
> ttscommit;
>
> Any suggestions???

You move just application, you database data keep untouched. While
export/import AOT please check field "Export with ID values", and import
with "Import with ID values" - it works quite good with axapta 3.0. You
ID values won't change, so you shouldn't need event synchronization
process after this.

Marcin Krzyzanowski

Marcin Krzyzanowski napisaÅ?(a):
> Søren Graversen napisaÅ?(a):
>> Hi.
(..)
>> Any suggestions???
>
> You move just application, you database data keep untouched. While
> export/import AOT please check field "Export with ID values", and import
> with "Import with ID values" - it works quite good with axapta 3.0. You
> ID values won't change, so you shouldn't need event synchronization
> process after this.

Ups, Sorry, I wrote it to fast. I thought it's about tables createdby etc ;)

Micha³ Kupczyk

>Søren Graversen
> - and I want to keep/transfer the createdBy, creationDate, createdTime,
> Changedby, ChangedDate & ChangedTime information.
Hi,

I think you are misadressing the problem. :-)
It looks like you need the CVS connected to Axapta, where you will keep
history of changes. Then you can check when, why and who changed which part
of the object.

mail me on priv for images how we solved this problem.
--
Michal