Arijit

11/27/2005 8:32:00 AM

How to convert Labels from En-GB to En-US. Is there any such tool available?
4 Answers

JF

there is no tool available to create/convert label files. Why would you like
to convert from en-gb to en-us both are already available?

Best regards

"Arijit" wrote:

> How to convert Labels from En-GB to En-US. Is there any such tool available?

Arijit

Hi JF,
India Localization files (DIS/DIP) layers are based on En-Us Labels. One of
our customers has taken En-Gb as the Axapta Language. hence the India
Localization labels are not being shown (@IND XXX). How to go about this?
Thanks in Advance

"JF" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there is no tool available to create/convert label files. Why would you like
> to convert from en-gb to en-us both are already available?
>
> Best regards
>
> "Arijit" wrote:
>
> > How to convert Labels from En-GB to En-US. Is there any such tool available?

hghrp

Hi Arijit,

the label files are simple text files within the Axapta application
directory (AxYYYLL.ald, YYY = Label prefix, LL = language). You can copy and
paste the contents.

Hth,
harald

"Arijit" wrote:

> Hi JF,
> India Localization files (DIS/DIP) layers are based on En-Us Labels. One of
> our customers has taken En-Gb as the Axapta Language. hence the India
> Localization labels are not being shown (@IND XXX). How to go about this?
> Thanks in Advance
>
> "JF" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > there is no tool available to create/convert label files. Why would you like
> > to convert from en-gb to en-us both are already available?
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > "Arijit" wrote:
> >
> > > How to convert Labels from En-GB to En-US. Is there any such tool available?

JF

Hi Arijit,

sorry for the late answer, I wasn´t in office.
Please check the name of the label file in the application directory. If I
understood correctly you talking about the official Indian DIS/DIP label file
which is available only as "en-us" file. Normally those files with the
correct postfix (en-us.ald, etc) will be generated for all chosen laguages
when running the setup of Axapta and of course only accessable when the
appropriate licence is available.

Check out the label file in the application directory it should be named
something like ".....en-us.ald". Try to change this to "......en-gb.ald".
Then delete the corresponding label index file "....en-us.ali". When
restarting Axapta the index file will be newly generated. Do this changes on
a 2tier client.

Cheers