Arijit

11/27/2005 8:17:00 AM

How can i do partial invoicing for fully delivered products. Say I sell 1 car
and I want to partially invoice it into 2 parts ( 80 % - 20 %). How to go
about? Urgent.
10 Answers

Vishal

Hi Ari..
Partial Invoicing can be done following these steps:
1. Create a SalesOrder and generate its Packing Slip.
2. On the SalesTable Form, Lines Section, Quantity Tab, enter some value (<
Qty) in the field 'Deliever Now' and Invoice.
3. In the Posting Invoice form, in the Quantity field choose 'Deliver now'
and click OK.
Partial Invoicing is done.

Do let me know If I am not clear.

Keep Smiling :)
--
Vishal
Technical consultant Microsoft Axapta

"Arijit" wrote:

> How can i do partial invoicing for fully delivered products. Say I sell 1 car
> and I want to partially invoice it into 2 parts ( 80 % - 20 %). How to go
> about? Urgent.

Arijit

Hi Vishal,
My Problem is different. I want to deliver the full quantity but
partially invoice. Lemme give you an example
Say I sell you 1 car of $ 10,000. Your payment terms are 80 % on Proof of
despatch and 20 % after 3 months.In this, I'm sending you the full quantity
but partially invoicing based on payment terms. How to do this???

"Vishal" wrote:

> Hi Ari..
> Partial Invoicing can be done following these steps:
> 1. Create a SalesOrder and generate its Packing Slip.
> 2. On the SalesTable Form, Lines Section, Quantity Tab, enter some value (<
> Qty) in the field 'Deliever Now' and Invoice.
> 3. In the Posting Invoice form, in the Quantity field choose 'Deliver now'
> and click OK.
> Partial Invoicing is done.
>
> Do let me know If I am not clear.
>
> Keep Smiling :)
> --
> Vishal
> Technical consultant Microsoft Axapta
>

> "Arijit" wrote:
>
> > How can i do partial invoicing for fully delivered products. Say I sell 1 car
> > and I want to partially invoice it into 2 parts ( 80 % - 20 %). How to go
> > about? Urgent.

Allan Wallis

Arijit

Vishal's answer is still correct, you can deliver 1.00 on a delivery note
and invoice 0.8 by using the deliver now column ( perhaps the label is
misleading), but is that really what you want to do?

If the issue is about payment then why not use a payment plan to create an
Invoice for $10,000 with 80% due now and 20% due in 3 months.

"Arijit" wrote:

> Hi Vishal,
> My Problem is different. I want to deliver the full quantity but
> partially invoice. Lemme give you an example
> Say I sell you 1 car of $ 10,000. Your payment terms are 80 % on Proof of
> despatch and 20 % after 3 months.In this, I'm sending you the full quantity
> but partially invoicing based on payment terms. How to do this???
>
> "Vishal" wrote:
>
> > Hi Ari..
> > Partial Invoicing can be done following these steps:
> > 1. Create a SalesOrder and generate its Packing Slip.
> > 2. On the SalesTable Form, Lines Section, Quantity Tab, enter some value (<
> > Qty) in the field 'Deliever Now' and Invoice.
> > 3. In the Posting Invoice form, in the Quantity field choose 'Deliver now'
> > and click OK.
> > Partial Invoicing is done.
> >
> > Do let me know If I am not clear.
> >
> > Keep Smiling :)
> > --
> > Vishal
> > Technical consultant Microsoft Axapta
> >

> > "Arijit" wrote:
> >
> > > How can i do partial invoicing for fully delivered products. Say I sell 1 car
> > > and I want to partially invoice it into 2 parts ( 80 % - 20 %). How to go
> > > about? Urgent.

Arijit

Hi Allan,
I tried out vishal's solution. I need to print multiple invoices. 1 invoice
for 80 % of the amount and other for the remaining 20 %. How to go about that?

"Allan Wallis" wrote:

> Arijit
>
> Vishal's answer is still correct, you can deliver 1.00 on a delivery note
> and invoice 0.8 by using the deliver now column ( perhaps the label is
> misleading), but is that really what you want to do?
>
> If the issue is about payment then why not use a payment plan to create an
> Invoice for $10,000 with 80% due now and 20% due in 3 months.
>
> "Arijit" wrote:
>
> > Hi Vishal,
> > My Problem is different. I want to deliver the full quantity but
> > partially invoice. Lemme give you an example
> > Say I sell you 1 car of $ 10,000. Your payment terms are 80 % on Proof of
> > despatch and 20 % after 3 months.In this, I'm sending you the full quantity
> > but partially invoicing based on payment terms. How to do this???
> >
> > "Vishal" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Ari..
> > > Partial Invoicing can be done following these steps:
> > > 1. Create a SalesOrder and generate its Packing Slip.
> > > 2. On the SalesTable Form, Lines Section, Quantity Tab, enter some value (<
> > > Qty) in the field 'Deliever Now' and Invoice.
> > > 3. In the Posting Invoice form, in the Quantity field choose 'Deliver now'
> > > and click OK.
> > > Partial Invoicing is done.
> > >
> > > Do let me know If I am not clear.
> > >
> > > Keep Smiling :)
> > > --
> > > Vishal
> > > Technical consultant Microsoft Axapta

Allan Wallis

Assuming you want to raise 1 invoice for 80% and the other for the remaining
20% then all you do is enter 0.8 in the deliver now field of the quantity tab
and raise the invoice choosing 'Deliver Now' in the drp down quantity box.

You can either do the same again for the remaining 20% or just invoice it
choosing 'All' in the quantity drop down, this will invoice everything
remaining on the invoice.

Make sure that your units support decimal places or you may find 0.8 being
rounded to 1 which is not what you want

"Arijit" wrote:

> Hi Allan,
> I tried out vishal's solution. I need to print multiple invoices. 1 invoice
> for 80 % of the amount and other for the remaining 20 %. How to go about that?
>
> "Allan Wallis" wrote:
>
> > Arijit
> >
> > Vishal's answer is still correct, you can deliver 1.00 on a delivery note
> > and invoice 0.8 by using the deliver now column ( perhaps the label is
> > misleading), but is that really what you want to do?
> >
> > If the issue is about payment then why not use a payment plan to create an
> > Invoice for $10,000 with 80% due now and 20% due in 3 months.
> >
> > "Arijit" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Vishal,
> > > My Problem is different. I want to deliver the full quantity but
> > > partially invoice. Lemme give you an example
> > > Say I sell you 1 car of $ 10,000. Your payment terms are 80 % on Proof of
> > > despatch and 20 % after 3 months.In this, I'm sending you the full quantity
> > > but partially invoicing based on payment terms. How to do this???

Marcin Krzyzanowski

Allan Wallis napisa3(a):
> Assuming you want to raise 1 invoice for 80% and the other for the remaining
> 20% then all you do is enter 0.8 in the deliver now field of the quantity tab
> and raise the invoice choosing 'Deliver Now' in the drp down quantity box.
>
> You can either do the same again for the remaining 20% or just invoice it
> choosing 'All' in the quantity drop down, this will invoice everything
> remaining on the invoice.
>
> Make sure that your units support decimal places or you may find 0.8 being
> rounded to 1 which is not what you want

I'm not sure he's asking about invoicing partial quantity instead
partial payment, so maybe he need kind of _prepayments_ where whole
quantity is payment in a time. AFAIK there is no such functionality in
standard.

william

Hi Henning,

Just wander How the ADAM is.
Will it be fully supported by microsoft in the future?
Are there a lot of systems using it?
The reason I'm asking these questions is because one of my architect said no
customer using it on production, and it will be out of MS list soon.

Thanks.
William

"Henning Krause [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Hello William,
>

> Microsofts LDAP Server is Active Directory. If you create a domain on a
> Windows server, you get Active Directory and with it the LDAP services.
>
> ADAM is a lightweight version of Active Directory. And it's the only option
> if you want to install in on XP.
>
> Active Directory won't allow you to install multiple instances on a single
> computer. ADAM allows this.
>
> A Windows XP computer can only be joined to a domain, and thus can't be the
> LDAP server itself.
>
> Kind regards,
> Henning Krause
>
> > I'm new in LDAP. I want to use LDAP server to do authentication and
> > authorization for our .NET web applications. My question are:
> > 1. Where can I get microsoft LDAP server(service?)? Not ADAM.
> > 2. Can I install it on win XP?
> > 3. Can I install multiple instance of LDAP server on one machine? How?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > William

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

Your architect has no idea what he is talking about. ADAM (now Active
Directory Lightweight Domain Services; AD/LDS) is used extensively and is
fully supported by Microsoft. It is now a standard server role in Windows
Server 2008.

Did he just make that statement up? What info is that based on?

Joe K.

http://www.directoryprogr...
--
"william" <william@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Henning,
>
> Just wander How the ADAM is.
> Will it be fully supported by microsoft in the future?
> Are there a lot of systems using it?
> The reason I'm asking these questions is because one of my architect said
> no
> customer using it on production, and it will be out of MS list soon.
>
> Thanks.
> William
>
> "Henning Krause [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Hello William,
>>

>> Microsofts LDAP Server is Active Directory. If you create a domain on a
>> Windows server, you get Active Directory and with it the LDAP services.
>>
>> ADAM is a lightweight version of Active Directory. And it's the only
>> option
>> if you want to install in on XP.
>>
>> Active Directory won't allow you to install multiple instances on a
>> single
>> computer. ADAM allows this.
>>
>> A Windows XP computer can only be joined to a domain, and thus can't be
>> the
>> LDAP server itself.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Henning Krause
>>
>> > I'm new in LDAP. I want to use LDAP server to do authentication and
>> > authorization for our .NET web applications. My question are:
>> > 1. Where can I get microsoft LDAP server(service?)? Not ADAM.
>> > 2. Can I install it on win XP?
>> > 3. Can I install multiple instance of LDAP server on one machine? How?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> > William

william

Hi Joe,

Thanks a lot.

"Joe Kaplan" wrote:

> Your architect has no idea what he is talking about. ADAM (now Active
> Directory Lightweight Domain Services; AD/LDS) is used extensively and is
> fully supported by Microsoft. It is now a standard server role in Windows
> Server 2008.
>
> Did he just make that statement up? What info is that based on?
>
> Joe K.

> http://www.directoryprogr...
> --
> "william" <william@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Henning,
> >
> > Just wander How the ADAM is.
> > Will it be fully supported by microsoft in the future?
> > Are there a lot of systems using it?
> > The reason I'm asking these questions is because one of my architect said
> > no
> > customer using it on production, and it will be out of MS list soon.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > William
> >
> > "Henning Krause [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello William,
> >>

> >> Microsofts LDAP Server is Active Directory. If you create a domain on a
> >> Windows server, you get Active Directory and with it the LDAP services.
> >>
> >> ADAM is a lightweight version of Active Directory. And it's the only
> >> option
> >> if you want to install in on XP.
> >>
> >> Active Directory won't allow you to install multiple instances on a
> >> single
> >> computer. ADAM allows this.
> >>
> >> A Windows XP computer can only be joined to a domain, and thus can't be
> >> the
> >> LDAP server itself.
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Henning Krause