microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Grid Property: HighlightActive

Jens Strandberg

11/23/2005 7:34:00 AM

Hello there,

Is it possible to set the grid property HighlightActive from X++ ?

And if so: Where/how do I do that ?

Thanks in advance.

/Jens
3 Answers

JF

use the Grid.highlightActive(false) method to deactivate that the current
record should be highlighted in different color. Default value is TRUE
(highlighted).Best place would be the init() method of the form after the
super() call.

Cheers

"Jens Strandberg" wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Is it possible to set the grid property HighlightActive from X++ ?
>
> And if so: Where/how do I do that ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> /Jens

Allan Wallis

Why do you want to disable the highlight property?

A common reason is that records in the grid are colour coded and you can't
see the colour of a record because of the highlight.

A possible work-around to this is to set the focus onto a specific field,
that field shows up in its unhighlighted colour.

Another alternative is to use the active() method on the datasource

Assuming the records are in a grid called grid with autodeclare turned on.

You could add code to your active method

if(condition)
grid.highlightactive(false);
else
grid.highlightactive(true)

Hope this helps

"Jens Strandberg" wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Is it possible to set the grid property HighlightActive from X++ ?
>
> And if so: Where/how do I do that ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> /Jens

Jens Strandberg

Thanks Allan,

That is in fact the reason: We have colour coded purchase/sales lines to
reflect any notes made in DocuRef.

Certain (most) users are happy with that, other users hate it.

So, based on user preference - or membership of a group - I am planning to
code a solution.

Thanks for your input.

/Jens