microsoft.public.axapta.programming

How to disable filter icon

Yves S

11/22/2005 12:40:00 PM

I have created a form based on a table which contains figures and users
should see only somes lines according to their profils.
With the Executivequery method, I made filters but of course user could
modify it

So I have to disable the filter icon in a form.

I have found a post which explain that we could use
"formQuery.userUpdate(false)" but I am not able to use it.
Is anybody could explain me how to do it.
An example of code will be helpful and where I should place the code.

Thank you for your help.

4 Answers

mortenm

Hi Yves,

Perhaps you could lock or hide the ranges when you add them to the query?

QueryBuildRange range;
;

range = this.query().dataSourceNo(1).addRange(fieldNum(..., ...));
range.status(RangeStatus::Locked);
range.status(RangeStatus::Hidden);

Regards,
Morten Mile

"Yves S" wrote:

> I have created a form based on a table which contains figures and users
> should see only somes lines according to their profils.
> With the Executivequery method, I made filters but of course user could
> modify it
>
> So I have to disable the filter icon in a form.
>
> I have found a post which explain that we could use
> "formQuery.userUpdate(false)" but I am not able to use it.
> Is anybody could explain me how to do it.
> An example of code will be helpful and where I should place the code.
>
> Thank you for your help.

Yves S

I already kown these functions but I hoped to find how to disable the filter
icon.
It's better than nothing.
Anyway thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

Yves

Helmut Wimmer

Hi Yves

Did you already try to change the "prompt" method for the datasource? Just
make an overwrite method and comment the "super()" call.
Well: I do not know what else will not work afterwards...

BR
Helmut
http://axaptafreak.bl...

"Yves S" wrote:

> I already kown these functions but I hoped to find how to disable the filter
> icon.
> It's better than nothing.
> Anyway thank you very much for your help.
>
> Best regards
>
> Yves

=?Utf-8?B?SlQ=?=

Set property AutoQuery of form DataSource to No