microsoft.public.axapta.programming

InventSum - understand fields and equally named methods?

Kai Hartmann

11/18/2005 4:37:00 PM

Hi.

I have to select some records from inventsum-table by the value of
"availphysical". First i thought it would be a simple job, because the field
is available directly, so a select statement would be no problem.
but the i saw, that all the forms using inventsum use the datamethod
"availphysical" to show this value.

there are some more fields and equally named methods in this table.
does anybody know where the difference is?

regards,
kai
1 Answer

camur

The dimensions are stored in the InventDimId-field.
If you do not use dimensions, there is no difference.
if you do, the methods are a much better way to sum up, or select by
dimension.