microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Cut from Axapta, paste in Excel

Jens Strandberg

11/15/2005 9:30:00 AM

I was wondering if there are any ways within X++ that you could accomplish
this:

1. In the current form, mark everything (like Ctrl+A or by clicking in the
upper left corner)
2. Copy the marked section to clipboard (like Ctrl+C)
3. Open Excel with a blank sheet
4. Paste the contents (like Ctrl+V)
(5. Format the columns to auto-width)

Thanks in advance.

/Jens
1 Answer

Joris de Gruyter

I guess this should be possible, if the excel com object allows it.
On the form you should be able to use the task() method to execute
ctrl+A/copy etc (there may even be a specific method for it, but task should
do fine, check the macro to know the task number)
Open the excel com object (com wrapper is std available in the appl), check
if it has a paste method or similar. If it doesnt, check msdn because newer
versions of office may have it anyway so you can maybe extend the com
wrapper.
At the end, you can either save the excel sheet, or call a method (dont
remember what it's called) to "show" the excel application you have been
working with through COM.

Hope this gets you on the way.

J.

"Jens Strandberg" <JensStrandberg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in