microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Accessing report control value from code

Rowan Groom

11/11/2005 8:52:00 AM

Hi

I would like to access the record that was sent from the fetch method from
inside a report section.

Let's say that the table of the section is CustTrans. I would like to use a
value of one of the fields of the table . I cannot just go CustTrans.Txt
because there is a reference of CustTrans declared in the class Declaration
(Used for something else) and if I do this I get that value. I want the value
that was sent to this section so I can use it in my conditional statements.

So to summarise, how can I access the record that was sent from the fetch
method for this section.( I want to access it from within the section itself)

Regards Rowan
2 Answers

Steen Andreasen

Hi Rowan,

What about overloading the send() method on your report?

Best Regards
Steen Andreasen
http://www.steenandreasen.com/axap...

Rowan Groom wrote:

>Hi
>
>I would like to access the record that was sent from the fetch method from
>inside a report section.
>
>Let's say that the table of the section is CustTrans. I would like to use a
>value of one of the fields of the table . I cannot just go CustTrans.Txt
>because there is a reference of CustTrans declared in the class Declaration
>(Used for something else) and if I do this I get that value. I want the value
>that was sent to this section so I can use it in my conditional statements.
>
>So to summarise, how can I access the record that was sent from the fetch
>method for this section.( I want to access it from within the section itself)
>
>Regards Rowan

Rowan Groom

Hi Steen

Thanks for your quick response. It worked perfectly!!

Regards Rowan