Christopher

11/7/2005 11:15:00 PM

Greetings,

We are a firm looking to deploy Axapta (currently in purhcase negotiations).
Trying to get ahead of the curve, I downloaded the Axapta demo software
located on MSDN and was trying to do the XML Web Service demo on the MSDN
site.

However, after registering the connector and trying to launch the web
service, I get a string of error messages.

The COM object says:
The sub-directory C:\WINDOWS\system32\bin does not exist
(it will name each Axapta directory until I add them to the Sys32 directory).

Just to make life easier, I copied all the Axapta directories into
System32... At which point the system starts throwing this error:
Cannot load text file, since no language was specified. Please restart the
Axapta Business Connector before logging on.
at AxaptaCOMConnector.AxaptaClass.Logon(Object user, Object
serverManager, Object objectServer, Object configuration)
at Service.getCustName(String dAccountNum) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebService\App_Code\Service.vb:line 17

Am I missing an obvious configuration process/step, or is the AX demo not
capable of replicating the features of the regular product? I'm just curious
how much I can tinker with what I have, and hopefully get ahead of the
learning curve if/when we make a deal on the final product.

Thanks for any information!
4 Answers

Davy Brouwers

Christopher wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We are a firm looking to deploy Axapta (currently in purhcase negotiations).
> Trying to get ahead of the curve, I downloaded the Axapta demo software
> located on MSDN and was trying to do the XML Web Service demo on the MSDN
> site.
>
> However, after registering the connector and trying to launch the web
> service, I get a string of error messages.
>
> The COM object says:
> The sub-directory C:\WINDOWS\system32\bin does not exist
> (it will name each Axapta directory until I add them to the Sys32 directory).
>
> Just to make life easier, I copied all the Axapta directories into
> System32... At which point the system starts throwing this error:
> Cannot load text file, since no language was specified. Please restart the
> Axapta Business Connector before logging on.
> at AxaptaCOMConnector.AxaptaClass.Logon(Object user, Object
> serverManager, Object objectServer, Object configuration)
> at Service.getCustName(String dAccountNum) in
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebService\App_Code\Service.vb:line 17
>
> Am I missing an obvious configuration process/step, or is the AX demo not
> capable of replicating the features of the regular product? I'm just curious
> how much I can tinker with what I have, and hopefully get ahead of the
> learning curve if/when we make a deal on the final product.
>
> Thanks for any information!
Hello,

When you register the com connector you must do this with a correct
configuration.
This means that in you configuration utility where you register your com
connector all the other tabs must be filled in correctly! That the com
connector is looking for files in you system32 directory is absolutly
not normal!
You can also find more information on the CD under Documentation!

Can I ask where your company is located?

Regards

Davy

Christopher

The configuration is correct, already did those steps (standard client works
fine)... I'll look a little more, but I was more curious if the downloaded
MSDN version of Axapta was somehow missing critical files or not capable of
certain types of development. It doesn't have the AOS server for instance.
Oh well, I suppose that means I need to wait if we close the deal... I was
hoping to get some development time on the server, but was frustrated that
the MSDN Universal version wasn't the purchased version.

"Davy Brouwers" wrote:

> Christopher wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > We are a firm looking to deploy Axapta (currently in purhcase negotiations).
> > Trying to get ahead of the curve, I downloaded the Axapta demo software
> > located on MSDN and was trying to do the XML Web Service demo on the MSDN
> > site.
> >
> > However, after registering the connector and trying to launch the web
> > service, I get a string of error messages.
> >
> > The COM object says:
> > The sub-directory C:\WINDOWS\system32\bin does not exist
> > (it will name each Axapta directory until I add them to the Sys32 directory).
> >
> > Just to make life easier, I copied all the Axapta directories into
> > System32... At which point the system starts throwing this error:
> > Cannot load text file, since no language was specified. Please restart the
> > Axapta Business Connector before logging on.
> > at AxaptaCOMConnector.AxaptaClass.Logon(Object user, Object
> > serverManager, Object objectServer, Object configuration)
> > at Service.getCustName(String dAccountNum) in
> > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebService\App_Code\Service.vb:line 17
> >
> > Am I missing an obvious configuration process/step, or is the AX demo not
> > capable of replicating the features of the regular product? I'm just curious
> > how much I can tinker with what I have, and hopefully get ahead of the
> > learning curve if/when we make a deal on the final product.
> >
> > Thanks for any information!
> Hello,
>
> When you register the com connector you must do this with a correct
> configuration.
> This means that in you configuration utility where you register your com
> connector all the other tabs must be filled in correctly! That the com
> connector is looking for files in you system32 directory is absolutly
> not normal!
> You can also find more information on the CD under Documentation!
>
> Can I ask where your company is located?
>
> Regards
>
> Davy

Christopher

Never mind, I figured it out.

For whatever reason the sample code for the business connector was written
this way:
Axapta.Logon("Admin", "", "", "")

It didn't work until I did this:
Axapta.Logon("Admin", "", "", "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business
Solutions\Axapta 3.0 SP3 Demo\Axapta Client\Bin\axconfig.axc")

Granted I could simplify that by adding the BIN directory to the system path
and then shorten it to just "axconfig.axc".

"Davy Brouwers" wrote:

> Christopher wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > We are a firm looking to deploy Axapta (currently in purhcase negotiations).
> > Trying to get ahead of the curve, I downloaded the Axapta demo software
> > located on MSDN and was trying to do the XML Web Service demo on the MSDN
> > site.
> >
> > However, after registering the connector and trying to launch the web
> > service, I get a string of error messages.
> >
> > The COM object says:
> > The sub-directory C:\WINDOWS\system32\bin does not exist
> > (it will name each Axapta directory until I add them to the Sys32 directory).
> >
> > Just to make life easier, I copied all the Axapta directories into
> > System32... At which point the system starts throwing this error:
> > Cannot load text file, since no language was specified. Please restart the
> > Axapta Business Connector before logging on.
> > at AxaptaCOMConnector.AxaptaClass.Logon(Object user, Object
> > serverManager, Object objectServer, Object configuration)
> > at Service.getCustName(String dAccountNum) in
> > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebService\App_Code\Service.vb:line 17
> >
> > Am I missing an obvious configuration process/step, or is the AX demo not
> > capable of replicating the features of the regular product? I'm just curious
> > how much I can tinker with what I have, and hopefully get ahead of the
> > learning curve if/when we make a deal on the final product.
> >
> > Thanks for any information!
> Hello,
>
> When you register the com connector you must do this with a correct
> configuration.
> This means that in you configuration utility where you register your com
> connector all the other tabs must be filled in correctly! That the com
> connector is looking for files in you system32 directory is absolutly
> not normal!
> You can also find more information on the CD under Documentation!
>
> Can I ask where your company is located?
>
> Regards
>
> Davy

Davy Brouwers

Christopher,

Why don't you request a full cd from your supplier? they can also supply
you a demo license! This way you can test everything and maybe already
detect some components you are interested in.

Regards

Davy