microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Product Builder Simple Node Calculation

Lisaj

11/7/2005 6:16:00 PM

I am trying to build a simple node that multiplies a width variable by a
constant value of .0035. The datatype is and Extended Data Type that allows
decimals this small, but I receive a syntax error when I try to enter the
constant value. Numbers greater than 1 will work just fine, but decimals
less than 1 do not.

Have I done something wrong?
3 Answers

Thomas Turney

Lisaj wrote:

> I am trying to build a simple node that multiplies a width variable
> by a constant value of .0035. The datatype is and Extended Data Type
> that allows decimals this small, but I receive a syntax error when I
> try to enter the constant value. Numbers greater than 1 will work
> just fine, but decimals less than 1 do not.
>
> Have I done something wrong?

Lisaj,

Is there a specific reason you are using a simple node? This might
work better in a code node. We've had some rounding issues in the past
with PB. What does your simple node look like?

Tom T.

Lisaj

I solved this by using 0.0035 instead of .0035. Thanks for the reply.

At this point we do not own Product Builder 4, so I cannot create code
nodes. So far, I haven't been stopped by an inability to use code, but am
not very confident that will continue. If I had the ability to do a code
node, could I add an item number to the item file during product
configuration?

"Thomas Turney" wrote:

> Lisaj wrote:
>
> > I am trying to build a simple node that multiplies a width variable
> > by a constant value of .0035. The datatype is and Extended Data Type
> > that allows decimals this small, but I receive a syntax error when I
> > try to enter the constant value. Numbers greater than 1 will work
> > just fine, but decimals less than 1 do not.
> >
> > Have I done something wrong?
>
> Lisaj,
>
> Is there a specific reason you are using a simple node? This might
> work better in a code node. We've had some rounding issues in the past
> with PB. What does your simple node look like?
>
> Tom T.

Thomas Turney

Lisaj wrote:

> I solved this by using 0.0035 instead of .0035. Thanks for the
> reply.
>
> At this point we do not own Product Builder 4, so I cannot create
> code nodes. So far, I haven't been stopped by an inability to use
> code, but am not very confident that will continue. If I had the
> ability to do a code node, could I add an item number to the item
> file during product configuration?
>
> "Thomas Turney" wrote:
>
> > Lisaj wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to build a simple node that multiplies a width
> > > variable by a constant value of .0035. The datatype is and
> > > Extended Data Type that allows decimals this small, but I receive
> > > a syntax error when I try to enter the constant value. Numbers
> > > greater than 1 will work just fine, but decimals less than 1 do
> > > not.
> > >
> > > Have I done something wrong?
> >
> > Lisaj,
> >
> > Is there a specific reason you are using a simple node? This might
> > work better in a code node. We've had some rounding issues in the
> > past with PB. What does your simple node look like?
> >
> > Tom T.

Code nodes in the lower section of Product Builder (Approval form)
allow you to do pretty much anything you could do in normal Axapta, so
you should be able to add records in any table but I have never done
it. The code nodes off validations in the upper section (Front-end
form) seem to be more limited.

Tom T.