Syntax Coloring Problem with Xemacs

Markus Jais

10/19/2003 9:23:00 PM

hello

I have Xemacs 21.4 and Ruby 1.8.0

whenever I type $' in my Ruby code Xemacs treats the following
Code as string and everything is green.

anyone else with this problem ??
is there a workaround ?

one thing that can be done is putting a "#'" after lines with $'
like this
var = $' #'

but I wonder if there is a better way ?

any hints are welcome

thanks

Markus
2 Answers

Greg McIntyre

Markus Jais <markusjais@yahoo.de> wrote:
> whenever I type $' in my Ruby code Xemacs treats the following
> Code as string and everything is green.

I didn't have this problem but I had other syntax highlighting problems
with various combinations of XEmacs and the Ruby mode file.

After some Lisp fiddling (I'm by no means a Lisp programmer) I managed
to fix all the problems I was having to produce this:

http://members.optushome.com.au/puyo/ru...

And since I use XEmacs 21.4 also, I imagine it'll work for you too. I
give no guarrantees though and if it doesn't work, I can't offer any
more help. Good luck.

--
Greg McIntyre ======[ greg@puyo.cjb.net ]===[ http://pu... ]===

Markus Jais

Greg McIntyre wrote:

> Markus Jais <markusjais@yahoo.de> wrote:
>> whenever I type $' in my Ruby code Xemacs treats the following
>> Code as string and everything is green.
>
> I didn't have this problem but I had other syntax highlighting problems
> with various combinations of XEmacs and the Ruby mode file.
>
> After some Lisp fiddling (I'm by no means a Lisp programmer) I managed
> to fix all the problems I was having to produce this:
>
> http://members.optushome.com.au/puyo/ru...
>
> And since I use XEmacs 21.4 also, I imagine it'll work for you too. I
> give no guarrantees though and if it doesn't work, I can't offer any
> more help. Good luck.

thanks. but it still does not work.

maybe I will eventually have some time to read the elisp documentation.

markus