new to Ruby

Damien Covey

I'm new to the Ruby programming language and have a question. Hope this
is the right list. Here is my problem.
I need to generate a keypress for some keycodes, namely 146, 153, 162,
163. These are used to controll my media player and I would like to be
able to generate them in my Ruby program/script. Can someone point me
in the right direction for how to mimic this keypress? I've been
searching for the last 3 hours without success.

Regards.

--
Damien Covey
www.covey.net.au

2 Answers

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Hi!

* Damien Covey; 2003-10-19, 19:50 UTC:
> I need to generate a keypress for some keycodes, namely 146, 153,
> 162, 163. These are used to controll my media player and I would
> like to be able to generate them in my Ruby program/script. Can
> someone point me in the right direction for how to mimic this
> keypress? I've been searching for the last 3 hours without success.

OS?

Please take notice of signature! / Bitte Signature beachten!

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
db Wenn sie mir ohne meine Einwilligung geschickt wurde, db
dpqb wird eine E-Mail > 100 kB ungelesen entsorgt dpqb

Damien Covey

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT wrote:

>Hi!
>
>* Damien Covey; 2003-10-19, 19:50 UTC:
>

>>I need to generate a keypress for some keycodes, namely 146, 153,
>>162, 163. These are used to controll my media player and I would
>>like to be able to generate them in my Ruby program/script. Can
>>someone point me in the right direction for how to mimic this
>>keypress? I've been searching for the last 3 hours without success.
>>

>OS?
>
>Please take notice of signature! / Bitte Signature beachten!
>
>Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Ahh, why do I forget to include those sorts of details.

Fedora Linux.
Ruby 1.8

Cheers

--