Email Harvesting

Nikolai Weibull

10/19/2003 12:05:00 PM

I've been receiving a lot of Swen emails to my ruby-talk address lately.
This mailing alias is rather new and so my guess is that this list is
actively being harvested for emails. Is there something we can do to
fix this? This is getting boring, my email bandwidth quota is being
eaten by these goddam 150kb emails.
nikolai

--
::: name: Nikolai Weibull :: aliases: pcp / lone-star / aka :::
::: born: Chicago, IL USA :: loc atm: Gothenburg, Sweden :::

daz

"Nikolai Weibull" <ruby-talk@pcppopper.org> wrote:

> This is getting boring, my email bandwidth quota is being
> eaten by these goddam 150kb emails.
> nikolai

See ...
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?S... (for Swen)

Just replace three parameters with your local details.

POP3Filter.new("server", "user", "pass").process
(near end of script)

It offers to delete Swen-alikes from your mail-server.
e.g. Run it before starting your mail reader.

( Continues to be very useful to me. Thanks, guys. )

daz

Dan Sugalski