Restart Debugger

David Corbin

10/18/2003 10:21:00 AM

The Perl debugger has a handy command to restart it with all your breakpoints
etc. in place. Does the ruby debugger have this? What is the command?

--
David Corbin

2 Answers

colbertz

Thanks Reece! But the Informix Dynamic Server is an IBM product that we do
not support. Even I really intend to help on this, but there are many
factors that determine it is hard to repro, investigate this issue in our
side. Indeed the underlay Data Provider IBM.DATA.DB2.dll is also not from
Microsoft. If the IDS supports the nullable PK, their Data Provider should
be responsible to set the PK right when filling the data table.

By the way, technically speaking, you can try to use Reflector to see the
Data Provider's implementation. It may show what it has done and why it
does not set the PK correctly.

Best regards,
Ji Zhou
Microsoft Newsgroup Support Team

Ammar S. Mitoori

IBM's provider extends the System classes and in case of DataTable relies
fully on the Microsoft's implementation. What we'd like to find out is what
conditions does the DataTable.Load() checks in order to set the PrimaryKey
attribute. The MSDN description of the Load(IDataReader) method states that,
in the case when DataTable has no schema, one is inferred from the
IDataReader's result set. I'd like to know what rules are used to infer the
schema. I'm assuming IDataReader.GetSchemaTable() is called for that. If so,
what column attributes are looked at when setting the PrimaryKey property?