Re: Parentheses

Michael Campbell

10/15/2003 5:48:00 PM

Aredridel wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 10:21, Zach Dennis wrote:
>
>>When you omit parenthesis's doesn't that degrade readability of the
code?
>>I'm just curious
>>what others have to say since I've seen a few folks say they like
to omit
>>them.

> I'm definately in favor of omitting: I parse like natural language,
not
> like a machine.

I don't, and use them where I would have used them in most c-like
languages. Maybe it's because I come from a C/C++/perl/java
background.

I dislike ambiguity.

http://shopping...

1 Answer

matz

In message "Re: Parentheses"
on 03/10/16, Michael Campbell <michael_s_campbell@yahoo.com> writes:

|I dislike ambiguity.

Me too. But I still like to drop parentheses for some cases.
Omitting parentheses does not always introduce ambiguity.

matz.