Mills Thomas (app1tam)

10/15/2003 3:42:00 PM

I had the exact same problem. My guess is that you are either missing some
MySQL-DBI code or the permissions on the files are incorrect.

Unfortunately, I did not know how to fix the problem by hand. So I deleted
MySQL as installed by Mandrake (my Linux distribution at home) and
re-installed MySQL from a download I found at mysql.com.

Then I installed the Ruby-DBI package
(http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ruby-dbi/ruby-dbi-all-0.0.21.t...
load) and everything started working.

Several years ago this would have been called the 'hammer and tongs' method,
but it worked for me.

Drew