[ANN] win32-eventlog 0.1.0

Berger, Daniel

10/15/2003 1:27:00 AM

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the first release of win32-eventlog. This is a
Ruby interface to the Win32 EventLog.

Synopsis
========
require "win32/eventlog"
include Win32

handle = EventLog.open("Application")

handle.total_records # e.g. 916
handle.oldest_record_number # e.g. 1

# Read through every entry, inspecting each struct in turn
handle.read{ |elr|
p elr
puts
}

# Backup the Application log
handle.backup("C:\\Backups\\Application.bak")

# Clear the Application log, after backing it up
handle.clear("C:\\Backups\\Application.old")

handle.close

There's no write ability at the moment, but I should have that in the
next release. See the "Future Plans" section of the documentation for
more details.

Feedback welcome. Enjoy!

Regards,

Dan

1 Answer

James Britt

Berger, Daniel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm happy to announce the first release of win32-eventlog. This is a
> Ruby interface to the Win32 EventLog.

> There's no write ability at the moment, but I should have that in the
> next release. See the "Future Plans" section of the documentation for
> more details.

> Feedback welcome. Enjoy!

Where is the home page or download site?

Thanks,

James