Web Testing with Ruby

Chris Morris

10/13/2003 1:24:00 PM

Just a quick announcement: a few of us out here in Ruby land, have
started a little endeavor called "Web Testing with Ruby". You can check
out what little there is here: http://cla.... If you'd like to
jump in, please do.

--
Chris
http://clabs....

3 Answers

Zachary P. Landau

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 10:23:40PM +0900, Chris Morris wrote:
> Just a quick announcement: a few of us out here in Ruby land, have
> started a little endeavor called "Web Testing with Ruby". You can check
> out what little there is here: http://cla.... If you'd like to
> jump in, please do.

I have recently started working on something very similar to
WWW-Mechanize (http://search.cpan.org/dist/WWW...) for Ruby. It
would be very ideal for web testing. The development may be a little
slow, though, because I have a lot of projects going on at once.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine@hypa.net>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0x24E5AD99 | http://kapheine.hypa.net/ka...

Robert Klemme

"Chris Morris" <chrismo@clabs.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Just a quick announcement: a few of us out here in Ruby land, have
> started a little endeavor called "Web Testing with Ruby". You can check
> out what little there is here: http://cla.... If you'd like to
> jump in, please do.

I'm not sure whether I correctly understand what you're up to. It seems
you're rather controlling web browsers. From the title I would have
concluded you're doing something like JMeter - kind of wget with performance
and other measurements built in. Could you please clarify? Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

robert

gabriele renzi

il Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:23:40 +0900, Chris Morris <chrismo@clabs.org>
ha scritto::

>Just a quick announcement: a few of us out here in Ruby land, have
>started a little endeavor called "Web Testing with Ruby". You can check
>out what little there is here: http://cla.... If you'd like to
>jump in, please do.

this relates somehow with webunit?
I always thought that was an interesting package even if I dind't ever
actually used..