Re: Perl 6 style regular expressions

Austin Ziegler

10/10/2003 7:31:00 PM

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:13:00 +0900, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> * mark <msparshatt@yahoo.co.uk> [Oct, 10 2003 18:00]:
>> I was wondering if anyone has done any work on implementing Perl 6
>> style regular expressions.
> Not that I know of, more than the one for Perl6 perhaps ;-) If anyone is,
> I'd also like to know

>> At the very least it'd probably make an interesting project.
> I'm planning to do something similar to this.
> It seems very useful,

I've been reading the apocalypse and exegesis on this, and it mostly seems
like good ideas, and might not be a bad thing to support as an extension in
Ruby (although I wouldn't call them REs, per Damion's exegesis).

-austin
--
austin ziegler * austin@halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
* 15.04.21

2 Answers

Dan Sugalski

Jason Williams

In article <2003101015841.848405@PADD>, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> I've been reading the apocalypse and exegesis on this, and it mostly seems
> like good ideas, and might not be a bad thing to support as an extension in
> Ruby (although I wouldn't call them REs, per Damion's exegesis).

I agree; maybe something like "match pattern" or "pattern match".