Re: memory usage under solaris

Mike Wilson

10/9/2003 1:03:00 PM

>From: Mark Probert <probertm@NOSPAM_acm.org>
>To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: memory usage under solaris
>Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 03:49:46 +0900
>
>I had an interesting experience today.
>A user reported high memory usage of one of my
>Ruby scripts (it is threaded, running about 60 threads
>each with a telnet session).
>
>top showed that the script was sucking 831M!
>
>Is this usual?
>

>--
>-mark.

I have what I imagine to be a similar script -- it's threaded with multiple
(currently running to about 70+) host connections. I run it on solaris
constantly. Mine is currently using 52M as reported by top. Still more
than I'd like, but definitely less than 831M. It's on the RAA as
supertelnet.

Share your photos without swamping your Inbox. Get Hotmail Extra Storage
today! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=f...