String length/concat problems in Ruby 1.8.0?

Rodman S. Regier

10/9/2003 6:08:00 AM

Has anyone run into Ruby string length/concatenation problems in
Ruby 1.8.0? One of my associates encountered difficulties when
storing the output of a program into a string. The program outputs
only text so there are no issues concerning binary characters causing
the mess-up.

1 Answer

Harry Ohlsen

Rodman S. Regier wrote:

> Has anyone run into Ruby string length/concatenation problems in
> Ruby 1.8.0? One of my associates encountered difficulties when
> storing the output of a program into a string. The program outputs
> only text so there are no issues concerning binary characters causing
> the mess-up.

Can you be more specific about what your colleague was attempting to do and what went wrong?

A code snippet would probably help, if possible.