Test post using GigaNews news server

Richard on XP Machine

10/9/2003 5:54:00 AM

Hi All,

I'd been using a web interface to this NG but much prefer to use a
newsreader. I'm running Outlook Express over Windows XP connected to the
GigaNews server through Comcast.net, my ISP. So far, I'm seeing more and
more headers as they get downloaded to my newsreader.

This is a test to see if I can post to the NG through this hookup.

Regards,
Richard

2 Answers

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Hi!

* Richard on XP Machine; 2003-10-09, 19:25 UTC:
> I'd been using a web interface to this NG but much prefer to use a
> newsreader ... [SNIP] ... This is a test to see if I can post to
> the NG through this hookup.

You could also subscribe to the ruby-talk mailing list. There is a
bidirectional gateway that converts postings to comp.lang.ruby into
mails to ruby-talk and vice versa.

To subscribe send mail with body containing nothing but the word
'subscribe' to ruby-talk-ctl@ruby-lang.org.

Please take notice of signature! / Bitte Signature beachten!

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
db Wenn sie mir ohne meine Einwilligung geschickt wurde, db
dpqb wird eine E-Mail > 100 kB ungelesen entsorgt dpqb

Bob Castleman

> You could also subscribe to the ruby-talk mailing list. There is a
> bidirectional gateway that converts postings to comp.lang.ruby into
> mails to ruby-talk and vice versa.

Does this mean that I don't have to subscribe to the ruby-talk ML if
I'm already subscribed to comp.lang.ruby newsgroup?

If not how do I use that bidirectional gateway thingie?

-fin