help: datavision formula using subtotal field

caceresvillota

10/5/2003 9:18:00 PM

Please, I am trying to make an formula in DataVision that divides a
subtotal field into one report.row (in order to obtain an average),
I have tried some things, without sucess:

{%sum{DB.DATAFIELD}} / {report.row}
sum{DB>DATAFIELD} / {report.row}

Thanks in advance for any help.

Luis Cáceres.
1 Answer

Jim Menard

Luis,

caceresvillota@yahoo.com.br (Luis Caceres) writes:

> Please, I am trying to make an formula in DataVision that divides a
> subtotal field into one report.row (in order to obtain an average),
> I have tried some things, without sucess:
>
> {%sum{DB.DATAFIELD}} / {report.row}
> sum{DB>DATAFIELD} / {report.row}

I hope I answered your question on the DataVision mailing list. This is
definitely a DataVision question, not a Ruby question, even though the code
is Ruby code.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm@io.com, http://www.io....
"My other car is a cdr." -- .sig of wishus on Slashdot.org