Stop Immigration

Vanguard News Network

10/5/2003 11:16:00 AM

Stop Immigration

Joe Guzzardi for governor of California

http://www.guzzardi...

Guzzardi: I'll put National Guard troops on the Cal-Mex border

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/7373525p-829...

-

Finn en venn eller en flørt - www.spraydate.no
Få deg en ekstra e-postadresse du også - http://mai...

3 Answers

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Hi!

I would like to give the 'X-Spam-Status' header field an
interpretation of my own (using Ruby, what else?). This results into
two questions:

1. What does RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM mean? Generalization: Is there a
list of the tests that are applied and what they mean? I don't
like the idea of skimming the SpamAssassin source :-|

2. Supposing that multi-line header fields have already been joined:
Is

/.*hits=(\S*).*tests=(\S*)/.match($stdin.grep(/^X-Spam-Status/).join.chomp)

a *relyable* way to assign the value for hits to $1 and the list of
all tests to $2?

I don't think it is very elegant to make use of that auto-assignment
- the reason for the above version is keeping the line shorter than
80 characters :->

Please take notice of signature! / Bitte Signature beachten!

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
|| || Wenn sie ohne mir ohne meine Einwilligung geschickt || ||
|| || wurde, wird eine E-Mail > 100 KB ungelesen entsorgt || ||

Tim Hammerquist

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT graced us by uttering:
> 1. What does RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM mean? Generalization: Is
> there a list of the tests that are applied and what they
> mean? I don't like the idea of skimming the SpamAssassin
> source :-|

Why would you have to skim the source? The tag you mention is
one of the many tests SpamAssassin performs on mail. A list of
the tests performed can be found here:

http://www.spamassassin.org/...

But that won't tell you _why_, and chances are, the source won't
tell you much more. But this site can:

http://www.info-world.com/spam....

HTH,
Tim Hammerquist
--
You should never be cowed by authority. Except, of course, in
this instance when I am clearly right and you are clearly wrong.

Ben Giddings

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT wrote:
> 1. What does RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM mean? Generalization: Is there a
> list of the tests that are applied and what they mean? I don't
> like the idea of skimming the SpamAssassin source :-|

describe RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM Received via a relay in relays.osirusoft.com

If you don't want to read the SpamAssassin source, you have two options.
Read the rules (most of which are really easy since they're simple regular
expression matches, same syntax as Ruby). The other option is to just grep
the rules directory for "^describe", it will describe what each of the
rules means. If that explanation isn't good enough, go back to reading the
rules.

Ben