Re: RubyCocoa problem: No such file to load -- osx/objc/cocoa

Ralph Pöllath

I'm trying to get RubyCocoa to work with ruby 1.8.0 on MacOS 10.2.8.

I followed Simon's advice and unchecked libruby-static.a in the
RubyCocoa framework project file. Then I reinstalled both RubyCocoa and
ruby, but no go. The RubyCocoa tests still fail with the now familiar
error message:
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/osx/cocoa.rb:12:in `require': No
> such file to load -- osx/objc/cocoa (LoadError)

Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with the C toolchain, and so far
couldn't find out more about this problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
-Ralph.