Re: Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Mark Wilson

10/4/2003 1:49:00 AM

On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 07:12 PM, Grzegorz Chrupala wrote:

> Rene van Bevern <rvb@rvb.dyndns.org> wrote in message
>
>> I know at least one more person who came to LISP/Scheme over ruby.
>> Maybe
>> it needs ruby and python to enlighten people without confusing them
>> with
>> a syntax they are not used to first. ;)
>
> [snip]

> At the moment I am quite happy with Scheme although I do miss the
> large lively communities and the amout of libraries associated with
> Perl, Python and Ruby. I hope the "revival" of Lisp-like languages
> some of you have observed will gain momentum and that CL anb Scheme
> will catch up with Python and Ruby in the areas where they are behind.
>
> [snip]

It's nice to see this thread from the Python group migrate over here to
Ruby. I recommend reading the thread for some interesting thoughts on
Lisp/Scheme, Python and programming languages in general.

I think Scheme is an excellent language and that learning both Scheme
and Ruby is a good idea.

Regards,

Mark