Re: xml + ruby

Austin Ziegler

10/3/2003 7:07:00 PM

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 03:03:55 +0900, Zach Dennis wrote:
> Are the people on this thread suffering from a case of programmatic
> idealism, underuse or misuse of rexml or is rexml lacking some of the
> things mentioned on this thread?

My response was based solely on an API suggested by Paul Vudmaska in a
surprised with how easy it is to use; I haven't yet wrapped my head around
SAX (stream) mode, so I can't say how easy that is to use.

REXML pretty much does what you suggested it should, and I think that it's a
very good API. What was being asked for is the automatic transformation of
an XML document to a dotted-notation "object" hierarchy.

Feasible, but it only works for DOM documents that don't contain attributes
or the possibility of interleaving text nodes.

-austin
--
austin ziegler * austin@halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
* 15.03.32