Re: FreeRide

Richard Kilmer

10/3/2003 3:14:00 AM

I presented FreeRIDE as OSCON in July, but have not done much on it
since then. I have taken a break...but that is going to be rectified
soon. I've gotten a bit distracted with a couple of Ruby projects ...
specifically implementing the Java Debug Wire Protocol in Ruby (
http://rubyforge.org/projects... cvs only right now) and I
started working on an implementation of the ZeroConf Rendezvous
protocol in Ruby.

One thing that stalled me was my need for a decent lexer/parser of the
Ruby language to use to parse source in the editor. I started looking
into it, and just got a bit overwhelmed. My next thing will be to
build a project management layer into FreeRIDE (right now its more of a
file-based multipane editor).

-rich

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 10:48 PM, Carl Youngblood wrote:

> Is it just my faulty perception or does the momentum behind FreeRIDE
> seem to have petered out? I haven't heard about it for months.

1 Answer

Harry Ohlsen

Richard Kilmer wrote:

> I've gotten a bit distracted with a couple of Ruby projects ...
> specifically implementing the Java Debug Wire Protocol in Ruby (
> http://rubyforge.org/projects... cvs only right now)

Interesting. What are your plans for this? Is the idea to be able to script execution of Java programs?