Re: xml in Ruby or no xml it's just a question

paul vudmaska

10/2/2003 9:41:00 PM

--- James Britt <jamesUNDERBARb@seemyemail.com> Some
of these ideas have been disccussed on the
---

Yeah it went over hear like a lead balloon here too -
somewhat of a surprise the reception, i admit ;-)

Wonder what those e4x guys are thinking? I'm not
convinced in either direction.

I'm going try to make the conference, hope to see you
there.

Paul

http://shopping...

1 Answer

James Britt

paul vudmaska wrote:
> --- James Britt <jamesUNDERBARb@seemyemail.com> Some
> of these ideas have been disccussed on the
> ---
>
> Yeah it went over hear like a lead balloon here too -
> somewhat of a surprise the reception, i admit ;-)
>
> Wonder what those e4x guys are thinking? I'm not
> convinced in either direction.

I suspect it's the context. Many (most?) ECMAscripters are doing web
development and are perhaps mainly focused on the data and markup;
scripts are just another way to manipulate pointy-bracketed data, not
manage complete business processes. So adding markup-centric syntax
sort of makes sense.

> I'm going try to make the conference, hope to see you
> there.

Excellant.

James