Re: xml in Ruby or no xml it's just a question

Zach Dennis

10/2/2003 7:40:00 PM

You can check out this link:

http://flashexperiments.insh-allah.com/AS-down...

Some of the XML stuff is custom XML written in Actionscript(AS) by Branden
Hall and Colin Moock because Flash's builtin XML parser was slow on large
files. I dont know if anyone else out there knows this works, but I would be
interested in experimenting with writing an XML Object in Ruby that worked
in a similiar way to Flash if no one else is working on it. I would write it
in Ruby of course and prefer someone else to write it in C.

I dont want to step on any toes, but I'm always up for a weekend of straight
programming. =)

-Zach

-----Original Message-----
From: Chad Fowler [mailto:chad@chadfowler.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 1:10 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: xml in Ruby or no xml it's just a question

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Zach Dennis wrote:

# I think it would be wonderful if Ruby could handle XML somewhat how Flash
# Actionscript handles XML( but with a few tweaks here and there of
course ),
# but the overall way that the Actionscript XML Object is a beautiful thing.
# Or at least I think. I think it would be a plus.
#

Zach, do you have a link or an example? I've heard good things about
ActionScript's XML handling myself.

Chad