Re: xml in Ruby or no xml it's just a question

paul vudmaska

10/2/2003 5:37:00 PM

>>----------
David Wrote:
That's how it works: there's a core language, and then
there are
libraries and programs.
------------<<
... and core languages have types - of variable
complexity each suited for one purpose or another. I'm
suggesting xml would a mighty fine type - the logical
evolution of data -data about data. You can then
create your own types.

>>-----------
David Wrote:
You can't put everything in the core
language.
-------------<<
Nope. And this mike make ruby fat, your right. Not
necessary part of the core(tho i would argue that it
should) but if required, if it were a native type, and
accessible like erik noted, i'd be real happy.

Tho i'm real happy using rexml now, anyway ;)

don't make me go off unhappy and create my own damn
language either. I've got a name in mind already.
Booby ;->

i could be wrong, :pv

http://shopping...