NEW DEVICES - how to update machine.config

stefano

3/22/2002 11:54:00 AM

To update the list of supported device we can add some xml structures to the
machine.config
file.
We created a structure working for Panasonic GD96 following ...or more or
less copying Nokia lines.
It there a way to get new xml declarations of new devices?
Shouldn't MS (or someone else)
Publish a list of new devices, and next to the news put xml lines to add the
new device to the supported list?
I don't think I'm right enough to write effective- working xml declarations
for all the world, this should be done by phone companies or MS .NET staff

Pls MS let we know how this will work

Stefano Folegatti
Thema Informatica
www.thema.it

3 Answers

(Andres Sanabria)

Eric Pearson

any ETA on some of these or a web site discussing them?

"Andres Sanabria" <AndresSONLINE@Microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Stefano:
>
> We understand your conserns. Microsoft is planning on offering Device
Packs
> containing profiles for a number of new devices. As this new device
support
> becomes available, you can quickly add support for these new devices to
> your applications. You only need to download a Device Pack, perform some
> testing, update your server, and your applications will automatically
> support those new devices with out having to recompile your application,
it
> will instantly work. Device Packs are not released yet.
>
> if you have a list of devices that would like to be supported please send
> it to msdkbug@Microsoft.com.
>
> There are going to be cases that Microsoft do not support some device that
> you want to support so that is the cases where you will have to write you
> machine.config entries
>
> Hopes this helps.
>
> AndresS

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

Anil John

A device pack that updates the supported devices under MMIT is now
available for download.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/955/msdncompos...

More information on Device Updates:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/mitd...

Device Update Instructions
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/mitinstru...

Anil
=-- Anil John - http://Learn...
-- #1 .net Mobile & Wireless Resource
-- Connect with .net - Anytime. Anywhere.
=