Mysql Connection???????????

Laszlo Csabi

3/21/2002 11:50:00 PM

I'm working on a project in .Net on a windows Form.
Could anybody tell me which driver can I use with Mysql and Visual
Studio.Net?
At the moment I have driver for Mysql OLEDB.
I can connect to the database but I could not use the OLEDBADAPTER and
Dataset.
I think the wrong with the driver. Is that right?
Please advice me where can I found a tutorial or a link to get this work.

Thank you

Laszlo

2 Answers

lynn

You can use the 2.50 driver of the 3.51 driver, but the
3.51 is still under development. There is a problem with
the MDAC and the driver regarding varchar/text/blobs with
empty fields. (you can find out about that in this
group). You need to come up wit a solution for this until
the MDAC is fixed. I recomend 2.50 for production, but
you want to keep an eye on 3.51.

(Steven Bras [MS])