Panasonic GD96 - Wap problems with aspx

stefano

3/21/2002 12:53:00 PM

Hi
I'm trying to see wap sites built with MIT already working on most phones on
my phone Panasonic GD 96
I cannot see any site written with MIT working, while I surf all wml sites
all over the net.
The web server gives back to the phone a strange page,with written something
like "Send form" this is sent by the web server because its given on any
aspx application on any web server and also if I switch to german the
language of the phone. We saw that the framework is entering the coiche
"HTML32" ...it seems that the MIt recognizes the phone as a kind of
"smartphone" but in fact what is given back by the web server (HTML) it's
not accepted by the panasonic wich is just a slim phone with bf screen but
not smartphone..
I thank anyone can help us with this problem, we can collaborate

Panasonic GD96 has a wap browser 1.2.1 and we connect it via GPRS

Stefano Folegatti
Thema Informatica
Application Service Provider
www.thema.it

5 Answers

(Andres Sanabria)

Srini

" following direction
located in the documentation"

Could you give the url for the documentation fo accomplish this pls!

-S

"Andres Sanabria" <AndresSONLINE@Microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The reason that you are having that problem is due to the fact that
> Panasonic GD 96 is not in the list of tested devices, see list located at
:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/mitd....
>
> There way to solve the problem is by creating a device definition in the
> Machine.config or web.config once you have done that you application will
> work,
>
> About the reson why you are getting HTML32 is because by default if MMIT
do
> not recognize the device it will send HTML back. you can change that so it
> will send any of the markup language supported by following direction
> located in the documentation
>
> thanks
>
> AndreSS

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

stefano

Thank you now everything is more clear
But I still would like to know how MS is giving updated info about new
devices.
I read in the documentation that you can add supported device as you feel
like.
I'm trying to do it following what is written now on machine.config, but
deploying a hierarchy for a new device, that has nothing in common with
previous ones is hard. I think that phone companies should do it.
MS won't publish every day a new machine.config or everyone would lose his
own config..
And so...if I want to keep updated my list on new devices do I have to write
things by my own.?
I'd like to know how will we update our application to work on new devices.
My app has to run all around the world,
I'm italian, I can see new phones arriving in italy, or in europe but for
example american devices are different and I surely won't know if a new
model will born..the same on asian market..

How does it work???
It would be very useful also a guide to add new devices

Thank you

Stefano
www.thema.it

"Srini" <srinivasanm@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> " following direction
> located in the documentation"
>
> Could you give the url for the documentation fo accomplish this pls!
>
> -S
>
> "Andres Sanabria" <AndresSONLINE@Microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The reason that you are having that problem is due to the fact that
> > Panasonic GD 96 is not in the list of tested devices, see list located
at
> :
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/mitd....
> >
> > There way to solve the problem is by creating a device definition in the
> > Machine.config or web.config once you have done that you application
will
> > work,
> >
> > About the reson why you are getting HTML32 is because by default if MMIT
> do
> > not recognize the device it will send HTML back. you can change that so
it
> > will send any of the markup language supported by following direction
> > located in the documentation
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > AndreSS

> rights.
> > You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights
> > reserved.

(Andres Sanabria)

(Andres Sanabria)