ODBC and Visual Studio .NET

Stepan Yerega

3/20/2002 2:37:00 PM

Greetings!

I'm not so familiar with .NET yet, but try to use it.
Is there a possibility to use OdbcConnection(OdbcDataAdapter) in Visual
Sudio IDE as it implemented for OleDbConnection(OleDbDataAdapter) or
SqlConnection(SqlDataAdapter) (drag/drop to create OdbcDataAdapter,
configure it and generate Dataset)? or there is only one possible way to
write all code manually using FillSchema of OdbcDataAdapter and no way to
use typed DataSet with Odbc .NET?

Excuse me, if question is so stupid, but I need to know the answer :)

Stepan

2 Answers

Bob Beauchemin

No, you must write the code manually. You can use the Server Explorer with
some ODBC drivers though.

Bob Beauchemin
bobb@develop.com

"Stepan Yerega" <stepany@tav.kiev.ua> wrote in message
> Greetings!
>
> I'm not so familiar with .NET yet, but try to use it.
> Is there a possibility to use OdbcConnection(OdbcDataAdapter) in Visual
> Sudio IDE as it implemented for OleDbConnection(OleDbDataAdapter) or
> SqlConnection(SqlDataAdapter) (drag/drop to create OdbcDataAdapter,
> configure it and generate Dataset)? or there is only one possible way to
> write all code manually using FillSchema of OdbcDataAdapter and no way to
> use typed DataSet with Odbc .NET?
>
> Excuse me, if question is so stupid, but I need to know the answer :)
>
> Stepan

(JP)