Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000

W.A. Kunz

3/20/2002 12:50:00 AM

Is it possible to host 'Asp.Net' pages on Pocketpc2002 platform?

I want to give my asp.net application off-line functionality. So, when there
is no connection to the Internet, it will connect to the local 'Asp.Net'
webserver, with for intance local XML files as data input

W.A. Kunz

3 Answers

Mark Fitzpatrick

No. ASP.Net pages require the System.Web namespace which is only available
on Win XP Pro and Win 2K because it requires IIS 5.x or higher in order to
run.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

"W.A. Kunz" <w.kunz@webintegration.nl> wrote in message
> Is it possible to host 'Asp.Net' pages on Pocketpc2002 platform?
>
> I want to give my asp.net application off-line functionality. So, when
there
> is no connection to the Internet, it will connect to the local 'Asp.Net'
> webserver, with for intance local XML files as data input
>
> W.A. Kunz

W.A. Kunz

Is there an other way to create offline functionality, when I'm using
Asp.Net pages?

Thanks in advance,

W.A. Kunz
"Mark Fitzpatrick" <fitzpatrick@smarteronline.com> schreef in bericht
> No. ASP.Net pages require the System.Web namespace which is only available
> on Win XP Pro and Win 2K because it requires IIS 5.x or higher in order to
> run.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Mark Fitzpatrick
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>
> "W.A. Kunz" <w.kunz@webintegration.nl> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to host 'Asp.Net' pages on Pocketpc2002 platform?
> >
> > I want to give my asp.net application off-line functionality. So, when
> there
> > is no connection to the Internet, it will connect to the local 'Asp.Net'
> > webserver, with for intance local XML files as data input
> >
> > W.A. Kunz

(Andres Sanabria)