How can I copy text messages from one Windows Mobile phone to another?

Derek

11/27/2008 11:46:00 PM

How can I copy text messages from one Windows Mobile phone to another?

First phone is running Windows Mobile 5.0 with the Messaging and Security
Feature Pack.
OS 5.1.342 Build 15096.3.0.0.

New phone is running Windows Mobile 6.1, I don't have any extra info.

I have approx 1000 text messages, sms, and I want to copy these to the new
phone. Can active sync or Outlook do this?

I have downloaded Brian Hamachek's freeware that makes a full backup into a
..CSV file. How can I now get that onto the new phone and populate that new
phone's SMS database?

Thanks.

4 Answers

Derek

Found a method, using a free download from http://www.do.... Small
application of 250KB, run it on your mobile, it creates a backup file which
you can then restore on the new phone.

"Derek" <nothanks@nospamthanks.com> wrote in message
> How can I copy text messages from one Windows Mobile phone to another?
>
> First phone is running Windows Mobile 5.0 with the Messaging and Security
> Feature Pack.
> OS 5.1.342 Build 15096.3.0.0.
>
> New phone is running Windows Mobile 6.1, I don't have any extra info.
>
> I have approx 1000 text messages, sms, and I want to copy these to the new
> phone. Can active sync or Outlook do this?
>
> I have downloaded Brian Hamachek's freeware that makes a full backup into
> a .CSV file. How can I now get that onto the new phone and populate that
> new phone's SMS database?
>
> Thanks.

buss911119

"Derek" wrote:

> How can I copy text messages from one Windows Mobile phone to another?
>
> First phone is running Windows Mobile 5.0 with the Messaging and Security
> Feature Pack.
> OS 5.1.342 Build 15096.3.0.0.
>
> New phone is running Windows Mobile 6.1, I don't have any extra info.
>
> I have approx 1000 text messages, sms, and I want to copy these to the new
> phone. Can active sync or Outlook do this?
>
> I have downloaded Brian Hamachek's freeware that makes a full backup into a
> ..CSV file. How can I now get that onto the new phone and populate that new
> phone's SMS database?
>
> Thanks.

bush

Easy~very easy. “Godsw SMS Transfer” will help you.It just takes you 1
minute to solve your problem
You can have a try here: http://www.godswmobile.com/dow...
And here is the step by step guide from the page of this software:
http://www.godswmobile.com/transfer-sms-from-windows-mobile-phone-...
But it just fits for system “Windows Mobile 5 system” or “Windows
Mobile 6 system”. So you’d better check your mobilephone system before
you use this software
Goodluck to you!

imtpro

I download a tool called iMobileTool SMS Backup. It helps me to backup SMS
messages from Windows Mobile Phone to computer and keep them safe.It works
well for me.
Free download at: http://www.imobiletool.com/sms-b...

Hope this can help.