microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

generate a serverside gif-image from a textinput

stine.grith

1/24/2005 7:24:00 AM

We are generating a serverside gif-image from a textinput. The problem
is that we also are trying to draw a border around the text at the
image.

First we draw the image using Bitmap and graphics, then we use
GraphicsPath and Pen to draw the text, which is white with a black
border.

The problem is that the border is "following" the letter at the inside
and at the outside, which results in peaks at some letters, like A and
W.

The problem with the border can be seen at:
http://projects.creuna.com/Gifgenerator/bugs-M...

1 Answer

Bob Powell

Without seeing your code I can't be sure but I think you need to set your
mitre limit to prevent that from happening.

See Pen.SetMitreLimit.

--
Bob Powell [MVP]
Visual C#, System.Drawing

Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...

Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
http://www.bobpowell.net/f...

All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.