microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

Printer Margins Compared to PrintDocument Margins

Ciaran

1/15/2005 12:20:00 AM

Hello,
I am printing a printdocument to a lexmark laser printer. When viewing
the document in a preview it looks perfect with 1.5cm borders all round.
However the printer adds an extra 1.5 centimeters to the left and top
borders. How do you handle this so the preview matches the print out.
I cant see anyway to tell the printer to print to the edge of the paper or
to tell whether the print page event was fired by a printpreview control or
a call to the Print function.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ciaran

2 Answers

Jacques

If you haven't already, set the OriginsAtMargin property of your
PrintDocument to true. Known bug, but corrected in .NET 1.1, I believe
-
time to upgrade?
HTH,
Jacques

Ciaran

I have been using 1.1. I havent tried this but will let you know.

Thanks

Ciaran