microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

body chart as image file and need drawing on the image & printout

Elene

There is an request from my customer to incorporate body chart/diagram in
..net platform so that drawing of different points/icons/symbols can be done
on the image to denote something done to the image.

After that, all these drawings on the image must be able to printout in
report. Pls advise what tools can be use to printout images with drawings.
thx.

Pls helps if you do have knowledge in this area. thx.

Thx & Rgds,
Elene.
2 Answers

Jeff

OK one option is to use a commercial component designed specifically
for this type of application.

If this is something you'd consider, take a look at our MetaDraw
control
( www.Bennet-Tec.com ). MetaDraw has been used by many developers
in very similar medical annotation applications - dentistry, surgery,
opthamology, physical therapy.

Basically you can load up your image and then either add graphics
on top or allow user to draw the annotations with his/her mouse.
You can assign user defined data to each symbol so you can for
instance keep track of which user added what drawing elements
or when the drawing elements were added. You can also make
the elements hotspots so when user moves his mouse or clicks
on some symbol you can provide him / her with additional information,
or take some other action as appropriate. If you like you can allow
the user to move symbols around or delete them. You can hide
and show different elements so you can for instance hide all
annotations,
or search for and show only annotations by a particular doctor.
The entire image can be saved and reloaded and still recognize the
distinct objects.
The entire image can be zoomed, scrolled.
Of course you can also print the images - at high resolution
( these are vector images making use of full resolution of the
output device ).

In case you are interested here are some tips to help you
get a quick start on evaluation
1) Download Installation kit from our web site
( www.Bennet-Tec.com)
2) After installation place MetaDraw on a form
3) To load initial image call MetaDraw's LoadPicture method
4) After loading the picture, you may want to move it from
the drawing layer to the background layer so users can
not alter the initial picture, but rather would be just adding
annotations to it. Assign the Picture property to the
BackPicture property and then call the Clear method to
clear the drawing layer
5) To allow the user to draw set the EditMode property to the
desired mode - for example
MetaDraw1.EditMode =
BTIS.MetaDraw.EditMode.Rectangle
BTIS.MetaDraw.EditMode.Ellipse
BTIS.MetaDraw.EditMode.Polyline
BTIS.MetaDraw.EditMode.Line
BTIS.MetaDraw.EditMode.Text

6) To add some shape or text by code
call the AddObject method

7) To allow user to select and move existing annotations
set the EditMode property to select
MetaDraw1.EditMode = BTIS.MetaDraw.EditMode.Select

8) To Save call SavePicture or SaveData method
9) To Print
MetaDraw.Current = BTIS.MetaDraw.ObjHandle.MainContainer
MetaDraw.ExportDC = -2

That's it.
It's that easy and then you are done.
Of course there's much much more as well but this should get you
started.

Take a look.
Does this meet your needs

* * Please include a copy of this message with your reply

Jeff Bennett
Jeff@Bennet-Tec.Com

* Bennet-Tec Information Systems, Inc
* 50 Jericho Tpk, Jericho, NY 11753
* Phone 516 997 5596, Fax - 5597
* RELIABLE Components Make You Look Sharp!
* TList/Pro * ALLText HT/Pro * MetaDraw *
* Custom Software Development Services Too.
* WWW.Bennet-Tec.Com

Frank Hileman

I think VG.net would work fine for that, and the run-time engine is free.

Regards,
Frank Hileman

check out VG.net: http://www.vg...
Animated vector graphics system
Integrated Visual Studio .NET graphics editor