nik

1/11/2005 3:54:00 PM

The following code generates a list of the fonts that I can access
programmatically on my machine.

foreach(FontFamily ff in FontFamily.Families)
{
System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(ff.Name);
}

The problem is that the font I want to use does not appear in the list.
I can find it in the Font folder (Windows XP) and I can use it in for
instance MS Word.

The font is a trutype font (with the TT icon) unlike most of the fonts
on the machine, which are Open Type fonts. This might be an
explaination to the problem, but the list contains the font "Batang"
which is also a truetype font, so the rule is not consistent.

Does anyone have an explaination.. or even better: a solution.

Do I have to convert the font from true type to open type and how?
Or is it the way I install the font?

Thanks for your help.
Nikolaj

4 Answers

Zomby-Woof

On Wed, 21 May 2008 01:20:38 +0100, Andrew Swallow
<am.swallow@btinternet.com> wrote:

>David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
>[snip]
>

>> Why the hell we disbanded the police department I'll never figure out.
>> That set us back at least three years.
>
>Simple the large scale looting of Iraq by Iraqis after the war whilst
>the police still exists show that the police were not interested in
>stopping crime. The USA could not trust the secret police.

They could trust the Un-Secret Police either. Even during Katrina the
Police in our so-called "Civilized" Society were involved in the
looting.

>Now failing to take their weapons away was a bad idea.

But some how taking away the weapons of our own citizens is seen as a
"good" idea. Every Hillary Worshiper needs to be aware that she vote
yeah to confiscate American citizens weapons during natural disasters
or other civil upheaval.

--
"Before all else, be armed" -- Machiavelli

Andrew Swallow

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
>> "Andrew Swallow" <am.swallow@btinternet.com> wrote...
[snip]

>> Now failing to take their weapons away was a bad idea.
>
> Don't shit me now... You found the "secret" police but not their weapons?
>
> Hmmmmmmmmm............

The were at police stations all over Iraq with their weapons.

Andrew Swallow

Andrew Swallow

William Black wrote:
[snip]

> However...
>
> The GCHQ records of decryption of German intelligence messages is one of the
> few files from WWII not yet released.
>
> The MI-6 records have not been, and probably will not be, released.

There is a side test on that one. A lot of the people dropped into
France were women e.g. Violette Szabo (film Carve Her Name with Pride).
If the agents sent to Holland suddenly turn all male then the British
Government knew. In war men are expendable as infantrymen soon
finds out.

Andrew Swallow

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

<Zomby-Woof@cox.net> wrote

> From some peoples perspective the US attack on Waco was War as well.

"Attack on Waco" ?!?!?!

You mean the purging of a hand full of religious lunatics with a weapons
cache big enough for a small fort? Serving Jesus, I suppose....

"America is a quarter of a billion people totally misinformed and
disinformed by their government. This is tragic but our media
is -- I wouldn't even say corrupt -- it's just beyond telling us
anything that the government doesn't want us to know."

-- Gore Vidal