microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

Can't get output caching to work with user controls

g2m

12/6/2007 10:38:00 PM

I have a large section of a page that I need cached. So I've got this
section in a user control and at the top of the user control I've
added -
<%@ OutputCache Duration="3600" VaryByParam="none" %>
<%@ Control Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false"
CodeFile="filename.ascx.vb" Inherits="controls_filename" %>

There is no outputcache directive in the containing page. On accessing
this page, it takes a significant amt of time to load. Accessing it
the 2nd time loads a bit faster but not significantly. When I moved
the outputcache directive out of the user control and to the
containing page, the loads are significantly faster. Any ideas on why
caching at the user control level is not working or is significantly
slower?

Thanks for any input.