Johannes Hofmann

where can I find the colors, that (3rd party) controls use, when they are in
Office2003 design-mode.

Somehow these colors depend on the XP-style and must be available in the
system.

Where can I find those colors? Anybody knows?

13 Answers

Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]

Hi Johannes,

I haven't checked what colors those are, but system colors are found in
the SystemColors class (ie SystemColors.Desktop).

--
Happy Coding!
Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]

Özden Irmak

I need to know these colors, too and they doesn't seem to be in SystemColors
class.

Anybody can help?

Ozden

"Morten Wennevik" <MortenWennevik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Johannes,
>
> I haven't checked what colors those are, but system colors are found in
> the SystemColors class (ie SystemColors.Desktop).
>
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:24:45 +0100, Johannes Hofmann <jh@musik-service.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> where can I find the colors, that (3rd party) controls use, when they
>> are in
>> Office2003 design-mode.
>>
>> Somehow these colors depend on the XP-style and must be available in the
>> system.
>>
>> Where can I find those colors? Anybody knows?
>>

> --
> Happy Coding!
> Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]

Scott McChesney

I've seen source code for some third-party controls, and their 2003 colors
are static colors. I can't post them here, but they don't seem to be based
on the system colors. They might actually be, but the code I've seen is
just static RGB values. The colors are based on the current XP theme (for
XP systems), and for non-XP (or XP with themes disabled) systems, the colors
chosen are usually percentage combinations of the system colors (for
example, 70% Desktop and 30% Window.) I can't post those combination here
either.

What I usually do is get a tool like Pixie (which will tell you the RGB
value of any pixel on the screen) and figure it out myself. It's a pain,
but if you don't have the actual colors at your disposal, I don't know of
any other way.

HTH

- Scott

"Johannes Hofmann" <jh@musik-service.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> where can I find the colors, that (3rd party) controls use, when they are
in
> Office2003 design-mode.
>
> Somehow these colors depend on the XP-style and must be available in the
> system.
>
> Where can I find those colors? Anybody knows?

Johannes Hofmann

> I've seen source code for some third-party controls, and their 2003 colors
> are static colors. ...

Thanks Scott, this helps a lot. Knowing, there isn't something like
XP-Colors, stops me searching for them and lets me do it the way, others
do...

Scott McChesney

You may already know this, but Office 2003 relies heavily on gradients, so
you'll likely need to get two colors for every element you want to draw.

> > I've seen source code for some third-party controls, and their 2003
colors
> > are static colors. ...
>
> Thanks Scott, this helps a lot. Knowing, there isn't something like
> XP-Colors, stops me searching for them and lets me do it the way, others
> do...

Johannes Hofmann

"Scott McChesney" <scott.mcchesneyNOSPAM@us.army.mil> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> You may already know this, but Office 2003 relies heavily on gradients, so
> you'll likely need to get two colors for every element you want to draw.

Thanks... yes, I know that. They use non-linear gadients. For those who
don't know, see here: http://www.bobpowell.net/...

OneTwoThree

"Gandalf Grey" <valinor20@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "OneTwoThree" <youare@notverysmart.ru> wrote in message
>
>> Oil Companies to Bush: Here's your pay envelope, honey. There's a little
>> something extra in it for you this week
>>
>> Cheney: Where's mine?
>>
>> Oil Companies to Cheney: You know what you have to do to get it, now on
>> your knees!

your plagiarism, not to mention your dishonesty in forging the message to
look like I posted your Bush and Cheney edits, is noted....

yet another leftist incapable of dealing honsetly, let along harboring an
original thought.....

Deaf Power

On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:39:24 -0700, "OneTwoThree"
<youare@notverysmart.ru> wrote:

>"Gandalf Grey" <valinor20@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "OneTwoThree" <youare@notverysmart.ru> wrote in message
>>
>>> Oil Companies to Bush: Here's your pay envelope, honey. There's a little
>>> something extra in it for you this week
>>>
>>> Cheney: Where's mine?
>>>
>>> Oil Companies to Cheney: You know what you have to do to get it, now on
>>> your knees!
>
>your plagiarism, not to mention your dishonesty in forging the message to
>look like I posted your Bush and Cheney edits, is noted....
>
>yet another leftist incapable of dealing honsetly, let along harboring an
>original thought.....

Kook word alert: leftist

You have no original thought because you're a Bush ass licker.

Gandalf Grey

> "Gandalf Grey" <valinor20@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "OneTwoThree" <youare@notverysmart.ru> wrote in message
>>
>>> Oil Companies to Bush: Here's your pay envelope, honey. There's a little
>>> something extra in it for you this week
>>>
>>> Cheney: Where's mine?
>>>
>>> Oil Companies to Cheney: You know what you have to do to get it, now on
>>> your knees!
>
> your plagiarism,

Your stupidity is noted, rightard.

> "OneTwoThree" <youare@notverysmart.ru> wrote in message