microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

how do I save/convert a bitmap to a gif,jpg,png or xmb to display

Matt McGinnis

1/7/2005 8:31:00 PM

I found an article on how to save an image to a bitmap file but I want my
output file to be viewable in Pocket IE and .bmp is not supported. Does
anyone know where to find the code or a library that will allow me to save
directly to , or convert to one of the file types compatible with Pocket IE?
Btw, I'm a vb programmer, not C.
2 Answers

Bob Powell

Pocket IE will definitely show jpegs.

When you save the file use ImageFormat.Jpeg

--
Bob Powell [MVP]
Visual C#, System.Drawing

Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...

Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
http://www.bobpowell.net/f...

All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

"Matt McGinnis" <MattMcGinnis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I found an article on how to save an image to a bitmap file but I want my
> output file to be viewable in Pocket IE and .bmp is not supported. Does
> anyone know where to find the code or a library that will allow me to save
> directly to , or convert to one of the file types compatible with Pocket
> IE?
> Btw, I'm a vb programmer, not C.

Matt McGinnis

Please forgive me... I didn't realize the forum I was posting in. I meant to
post this in the .net CF forum as this pertains to the Compact Framework
where there is no SAVE function supported for images.